For some reason I was born with the need to create... I haven't gotten it all figured out yet but I guess I have a lifetime... that is until my time is up. When I was in high school I really enjoyed painting because I could do abstract themes and my confusion over religion and life was something I could work out on the canvas. It was a time when I could escape into the basement and one of the only ways I could concentrate for more than a minute or two. I must admit that there was a casualty or two along the way (dad's carpet and various tools) but in the end it produced things I still have to this day. When I got to college I had a really good time and bonded with so many people, but I don't think I was a productive human being... at all. My main focus was on having fun and honestly getting by on the bear minimum which worked fairly well... for 2 years. Then when I went home for summer vacation and Timmy and I got back together my perspective changed and I made some life decisions. Although I may have overshot in my 20s because I was so hyper focused on getting my sh*t together that I all but forgot about what art even was (and what a stress reliever it can be). I was so straight edged that I lost a little bit of myself, but don't worry, ever since my Dad got sick I vowed to pick up the pieces and find my inner rock star.. and I keep finding those pieces I lost along the way. However now that I am entering a new decade (YUCK) my life seems to have evened out a little. That teeter totter of decisions doesn't seem to go out of balance so drastically anymore. I think when my dad got sick I had a little melt down (don't worry though it was good for me) because I realized that life is so very short... its not meant to be lost in the day to day but to appreciate the little things and to embrace them positively because it could very well be the last. I started seeing the beauty in everything and my inspiration has been peeked again after almost 10 years of lying dormant. Now I am at a place where I have a great job, a great family and the energy and enthusiasm to get my ideas out to the world. So it is in this overwhelming spirit of creation that I have been inspired to make "treasures" like the one above. Hahahaha I know its a little bright- and in real life its much more intense than this picture even shows- hahahaha. I bought this purse from a rummage sale (imagine that) for 2.00 and I even found 68 cents in one of the pockets. It was pretty beat up with some areas having alot of wear, but as it sat there I kept coming back to it and I took that as sign... I needed to have this purse (I found the change after I got home so my Karma is still intact- don't worry). So I was at Wally World one day and saw all the duct tape they have... which is ridiculous. And there it was... hot pink duct tape. It practically fell off the shelf into my hands and in a few hours my latest duct tape purse was born. At first it was really just a joke and I would carry it around only when I was out with friends. Then one day I was running late for work and just grabbed it and flew out the door. I was sorta embarrassed to be carrying around such a super SUPER bling-y bag to my conservative and traditional workplace but that's when the compliments starting rolling in--- what??? I guess I am not the only one that likes hot pink, gold and a ginormous crystal lock... who would have thunk it?
Bella must be picking up on the creative vibe in the house because she has been tapping into it as well. She will have you strike a pose and then she says "Say Cheeeeeeese." what a peanut!
No comments:
Post a Comment