This week I was able to spend a little time with my Aunt (and Godmother) Mary and Uncle Carlos. They are here in Wisconsin for two weeks and I have been trying to sneak in as much time as possible working around my schedule at work. Because Kyra is only here every other week she didn't get to see them much but she was able to drive down to Milwaukee with my mom the day they flew in and get some short but quality time in. The itty bitties had a blast though between Mary showing them new things to discover and Carlos making them giggle like crazy-- these babies are happy. Since my dad had gotten sick last week we have been trying to stay sorta close without being in the house. One of our favorite destinations is Algoma, Wi which is only a half hour from my parents home. The best part about having Carlos along is that there were so many cheese curds we didn't know where to start... well Katie did- by opening the bag-ha! On one of my days off we headed up to the lake shore in Algoma and collected rocks by the water. Bella was so excited to have an adventure and she was singing the whole time. I think she felt just like Dora the Explorer because every once in a while she would ask me for the map. That or she was a pirate, but either way it was hilarious.
Before we stopped to have lunch at MickyD's we popped into the Flying Pig to check out the flowers, art and soak up a little inspiration. I am fairly certain that when I am old and gray (well not too gray) I will be part of something cool like this... it just feels right. My weekly retirement dream is as follows:
Thursday: Rummage Sales in the morning art and creations with the grand kids in the afternoon
Friday: Rummage Sales and thrifting followed by a nap
Saturday: Rummage Sales in the morning and adventures in the afternoon- fire with my girlfriends at night
Sunday: Sell my art at a Flea Market
Monday: Sell my art at another Flea Market
Tuesday: create more art
This is my plan... I want to live in a property off the beaten path with a big old (but remodeled) farmhouse with lots of windows. Trees will have to line the driveway to the back of the house all the way up to the red barn where my workshop and creations will be stored... I got this all figured out you see... maybe a goat-yup a tiny little goat named Tucker.
When we got back to Green Bay it was just about time for the Farmer's Market downtown to start- so we figured why not? There were tons of veggie stands there and alot more food vendors than I remembered from years part. The thing I was missing was the artists that used to come and sell their unique items like recycled purses and jewelry and yard art.. nothing like that. The closest we got was homemade soaps (what are not my deal) and then expensive little fru-fru girly clothes which were definitely cute but nowhere near worth to me what they asking. So this lead me to thinking--- I think its time Kyra and I start busting out into production.
I used to be a great hula-hooper when I was a kid and since I had children my body has not been as cooperative and resilient as it used to be. Which in turn has made me more hesitant to put in any type of situation where it would come into contact with pain. However, I have gotten over this little stumbling block in my road and decided if I don't start getting back into shape (at least the way I was) my life is only going to get harder as I age. My weight has not changed in the last three years but I can tell my muscle tone and even my energy is much depleted. Goals for fall of 2012:
1- get to the gym at least once a week at first
2- swim laps once a week
3- Drink one less soda a day
4- Replace said soda with a bottle of water
Here goes nothin!
No comments:
Post a Comment