Sunday, February 10, 2013

Mommy Daughter Date

Today Katie and I had a little afternoon together where spent time just the two of us... which we have never done before. For the past few months Tim and I have been on the fence as to whether we were going to keep Spunky around not because we don't love him but his health has been declining and we don't want him to be uncomfortable. My mother always said that when the children come along the dog takes the brunt of it and I never really knew what she meant... but now I get it. I feel horrible because I used to treat the "poopers" like a little princess and now I have two little girls that took over that attention. So this only adds to the incredible sense of guilt I have to his impending absence from the house because the girls love him to death. He lets Bella dress him up and lead him around the house like a "fancy little piggy" (my cousin Krissy will understand this) and he is so good with both the girls (as long as they stay away from his junk.. a man has his limits). So today Bella and I took Spunkers to the pet store and he had a little makeover while she and I ran some errands and went to lunch. Which I think was her favorite part because she and I shared a kiddy cocktail (she calls them cat-tails) and had a nice little chat (more her blowing bubbles in her chocolate milk but we communicated and that's whats important). WE picked Spunky up from getting a shampoo and blow-out and he literally looked like a new man. I guess his nails were getting too long and slowing him down a bit... he was prancing around like my 'opl buddy from years ago. Bella even picked out a puppy cookie which looked exactly like an Oreo (and I am pretty sure she snuck a lick to be sure when I wasn't looking). All in all it was a great day running around doing my favorite things--- eating and shopping (with coupons of course)!!!

No comments: