My parents are just getting back from a couple
weeks relaxing in recognition of my father's recent retirement. I guess
when my mom retired last year they celebrated by cruising down to Mexico
and checking out all the sights and sounds, trying new foods, exploring
caves and they even went snorkeling. This year, as par for the course,
they started in Austin TX where Mary (my mom's sister) and Carlos live.
The four globetrotters went on a Carnival Cruise (I think) to Jamaica
and various other stops. They enjoyed the local cuisine, snorkeling and
buying $5.00 T-shirts (my mother of course stocked up). I really haven't
gotten to hear all the great stories yet but from the sounds of it they
had a great time both cruising and visiting with Mary and Carlos. It
was a much needed vacation from the cold here in the frozen tundra
(literally) and I am hoping they are easing into their shared
retirement... they have earned it for sure.
Katie, Olivia and I met my parents at the airport when they flew back into Green Bay. I think they had the most fun watching the planes land (and the planters filled with dirt... they miss their sandbox for sure). AJ and Anna brought my parents vehicle and met us there as well so there was quite the welcoming committee to meet them. A golden tan on both their sun kissed bodies was the first thing we saw and giant smiles as they walked through the terminal. Mom had a skip in her step and couldn't wait to get through the doors when she noticed the girls waiting on the other side of the glass. The girls immediately grabbed "baba" and started darting for the elevator. Luckily at 6pm on a Monday there were literally a dozen people in the airport (including ourselves) so we didn't have to worry too much about them being snatched up. Although I have to say this is a behavior we are working on because once in a while Katie likes to wander off without telling anyone and when you call her she comes back with such an attitude it makes me crazy...
Me: "Katie??? Where are you?"
Bella: "Mommmm" I was right around the corner!!!"
Me: "Maybe you should ask next time crazy baby!!!"
... a work in progress
Kaitlynn told Tim just the other morning that she will be a better listner when she is 5. hahaha which I guess means that the rest of age 4 will be a free-for-all... we will have to watch this one for sure. Although I have to say I am pretty impressed that she can look to the future. At least the girl has perspective!

No comments:
Post a Comment