We started
our day with music (my favorite way to spend my morning). This
particular instance was of Kyra and her girlfriend at the high school
down the street from us (where she will be attending high school in a
year and a half-wheew!). They were competing in the solo ensemble which
was not something I was familiar with and was trying really hard to
understand. Lucky for me AJ and Anna came along so Miss Anna-Banana knew
all about this fancy singing/music stuff. I never was a singer and
tried at all costs not to play my clarinet (once I figured out it was
actual work). However I can understand her passion for the arts and am
trying really hard to be a supportive momma.
In the evening Karla came over to our house to spend some time with all three girls and set us free for a date night--- thank you Karla! It is very few and far between when Timmy and I get to do something together without at least one of our angels along ;) So this was super duper awesome!!! We started the night by making a few stops to drop off things that people had bought from me online but in the snow could not pick up for whatever reason. Snow for me is just a prettier way to drive especially because there are usually no people, and those that are out are going super slow. All I have to do is strap on some boots to trudge through the drifts and I am in great shape. So for me (and my hubby) this recent snowstorm was nothin. Which I thought was going to keep the crowds down at Red Lobster... but I was wrong. The wait was 45 minutes... REALLY!!!??? It felt like a million hours (only ended up being 25) but now I get how teenagers must feel... wait for it... there was no internet (WiFi for you more technically savvy folk). How was I supposed to use my smart phone when there is no stupid internet? Talk to my husband you say? On a date night? Whaaaat ??? So we put away the electronics, chatted, and reconnected just like I had hoped we would. I guess married peeps just need to take the time to tell each other they love them. It was interesting how a simple question of "How was your day?" really made me feel that he cared and supported me more than anything else. He has learned to give me my space, hold my hand when I falter and push me to be even better. It also helps that he acknowledges my overbearing, controlling and at times obsessive compulsive habits and loves the sh*t out of me anywhere... I like him a whole lot too.

No comments:
Post a Comment