At least that's what the Pirates say. Today we made the hour and a half drive down to Milwaukee to see the "Pirates" exhibit at the museum. My parents are members so they get great discounts of special attraction tickets and my kids are free- woohoo! We are always doing jaunts like this with my parents but this time was a little different because Timmy came along. Yes I know. My husband actually participated in a function that was not a wedding, funeral or graduation. However it was totally educational and he is definitely into that stuff... you know, learning and all. We climbed into my Dad's vehicle and all drove down together which saved gas on our end and that is always great! The girls had fun playing in the exhibit but we all agreed that next time we will stagger our tickets so two adults stay with the girls while the other two or three check out the show and vice versa--- they are sweet but shisters I tell ya. We learned a lot for sure. Like all the myths about Pirates and how most of them are not true. I was disappointed to learn that "the plank" is something made up for Hollywood. And that Pirates usually only lasted a few years not into old age... which I always picture them as weathered old men but I guess that's make believe too. Oh yah! And that buried treasure we all dream of digging up... I guess these bandits of the sea rarely let their "booty" even burn a whole in their pocket always trading and buying so as not to have to carry it around- who would have thunk it? After walking through the Pirate show (with a full size ship reconstruction- very cool) we all headed to the butterfly habitat to see the various fluttering beauties. Olivia, mom and I strolled through pretty quick checking out the scenery but it was super hot and humid so we "bugged" out pretty quick. We waited on a nearby bench for Dad and Katie but it was taking them forever so mom went back in to find them--- but they weren't there. What the heck! Would they really go on without the rest of the group??? Crap. So Tim and I split up and ran around the museum... the whole thing- nothin. Craaaap. Mom was totally freaking out at this point and so I was trying to calm her down reassuring her that it would all be okay. I had him paged. Nothing. Argh- so I went back to the butterfly habitat and who was sitting on the bench enjoying a little snack? Dad and Bella. I gently asked them where they were and they both pointed to the room with the butterflies. What? No way! For a half hour. Well I guess so because while the rest of us were running around like crazy people, Katie and Dad were making new friends with their butterfly wrangling abilities.
Sheesh. Anyways, at this point we were all getting a little tired both physically and emotionally so we spent an hour or so running through the various areas and then loaded back into the car. I sat in the way back so that the girls wouldn't fight and Tim sat up in the captains chairs with Kyra. I think I fell asleep because all of a sudden we were in Manitowoc stopped at a restaurant for supper- YES! I was super hungry. When we were in the "Old Streets of Milwaukee" exhibit there was a general store/candy shoppe where you could buy real candy. It was all the throwback candies of the last 5 decades and I think dad spent like 15 bucks between himself and all the chitlins. I on the other hand am not that big a fan of candy (but throw a bag of chips in front of me and I will destroy them) so I passed. Dumb. By the time we stopped for supper I was so hungry I had to hit the condiment bar and much on burger toppings till supper came... real classy Trina.
No comments:
Post a Comment