Friday, March 22, 2013
Black Sheep
Bah bah Black Sheep Have you any wool??? I guess in this case we are really referring to lambs but really how often do you get to pull that one out? hahaha. A few weeks ago we went to go visit one of Sharon's friends that she works with who owns a farm within 10 miles or so of our house. The weather has been super duper cold out so I was not exactly thrilled to be out in the elements but if it is important to her and the girls so be it. Goal #22 in 2012... be more spontaneous with my free time and accommodate others requests. (If you know me at all this tough... really tough. I consider myself to be spontaneous but we all know its only in super controlled situations so in the end it sorta negates the spontaneity). At any rate the girlys had tons of fun visiting with the lambs. SO much so that they even sweet-talked their way into the barn to see the other animals too. Katie just couldn't comprehend why all the cows just pooped on the floor. I explained to her that it was like a giant flat toilet and when the farmer was ready to "flush" he hit the switch and all the potty went out into a tractor to be spread on the field. Her next questions were "Is that manure?" Yes. "Do I eat poop on my vegetables?" No. Speaking of poo however I was totally not watching where the girls were walking and they got cow sh*t all over their sparkly pink boots. I don't know what i was thinking but duh Trina!!! farms equal animal excrement... too bad I threw all those plastic bags out of my trunk (Always picking up you know... talk about a crappy juxtaposition... I crack myself up).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment