Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Pickers Letter

This is a copy of a letter I sent to the American Pickers (a TV show on the History Channel). Our goal is to vacation in the Wisconsin Dells this July and then make the couple hour trip down to Iowa and see their shop (and hopefully meet them if possible). So this is what I sent them via snail mail a week ago. I haven't heard anything but hopefully we will sometime soon... here goes nothin

Greetings from the Frozen Tundra!
My daughter and I have been watching your show on the history channel for a few years now. In fact two Springs ago we were visiting family in Austin Texas and we spotted your white van which sealed the deal... we were hooked. As a child my mother took me to rummage sales and now as a mother myself I take my little ones, particularity my daughter Kyra digging through the masses. At age 10 she found herself being draw to the odd and irregular (which I totally encouraged). We have become quite the "pickin" team and we attribute that to y'all in part. Since your show has aired my daughter and I have picked the free boxes, negotiated with the best of them and re purposed throw-away kitchen glass into spectacular garden art. You have taught us to look for the hidden treasures and that's just what we have done... so we thank you. The reason I am contacting you is because as we were brainstorming what our summer vacation should be this year, Miss Kyra kept saying she wished she could see your store. I told her the chances of actually meeting Mike, Frank or Danielle is next to nothing but she felt that if I wrote you a letter it couldn't hurt. So here we are writing a letter to see what the chances are someone will be around the weekend of July 20th (2013)? I realize you are quite busy and summer time is probably prime picking, but if its not too much trouble it would sure make her day  :)

Katrina and Kyra
Green Bay, Wisconsin

PS- We were at Dr. Evermore's Forevertron two days before you picked it... weird huh?

No comments: