Yeeeessss!!! We can finally walked outside without our lungs burning from how cold it is or have our nose hairs become brittle because the snot surrounding them has instantly frozen. Now, for those of you in a much more temperit climate, its only about 55 degrees here but for us that's a great temperature to be outside. No winter jackets just a sweatshirt and we are ready to hit the playground... its like a bear in hibernation--- we got this down pat. I have been trying to get the girls clothes ready for spring (which may potentially be here finally) and hopefully a summer. All their cute little dress and flip flops.. I cant wait. So today we are at the park while I have a bin of extra clothes that they wont wear or wont fit into at the kid's resale store. I am trying to sneak every penny out of the things we aren't using and there is alot of that I guess. So here is my process. Typically I will buy Katie's clothes either at a rummage sale, sometimes a thrift store or on sale at a dept store like Kohls. Then it all gets stored for two years when it fits Olivia (knock on wood this process has worked so far). So granted Katie gets more "new" items but miss Via has so many options its ridiculous. Case in point: Via has 20 pairs of underwear. Is this necessary? Hell no. Is it what a borderline hoarder does to make sure the girls have everything they could possibly need for potentially the price of one package of undies? You bet your biscuits. So I have a problem. I admit it. But I am happy. And prepared hahaha. So after the clothes go to the kids store (which typically results in about 30-60 bucks off the top) then I take pictures of the nice things that didn't sell and put them onto my virtual rummage sales on Facebook. People on these sites pay more than at my traditional rummage sale for the sheer convenience of it so I will et the items sit online for a few weeks which banks anywhere from 50-100 depending if I can find just the right person. Then whatever is left over I put in the rummage sale for close to what I paid. When all is said and done, for the most part I am ahead financially (original investment maybe 35.00 typical payout 100.00) which goes into the pot for the next season. Its a vicious cycle that feeds my addiction but I can rationalize it at this point in life and its working... why ditch something that's not broke? for example: Katie's jammies cost 50 cents, her sweatshirt was 1.00 and her flip-flops were 25 cents. Total outfit cost me 1.75. Via will wear it in two years and then I will sell it (assuming no stains or tears) for at least that. I am sure to sound crazy to some but it makes sense to me :)
PS- my best friend on the planet had a birthday yesterday. We woke up and had celebratory cupcakes (with candles) for breakfast. I think we sang "happy birthday" to Unkie Jackie roughly 20 times before they were sick of blowing out the candles (frankly cause the got short and burnt my fingers).
No comments:
Post a Comment