I realized recently that I don’t care for
apples. Weird right? Its nothing against any individual or situation,
it’s just the simple fact that the fruit is just not that good to me.
Who knew? Now don’t get me wrong--- I love me a good hot apple pie just
as much as the next guy. But the idea of going out to the apple orchard,
picking a big juicy apple off the tree and biting right into it really
doesn’t do anything for me. Once in a while during the fall I get the
inkling to slice a few up and dip them in caramel. And I suppose I am in
luck because that particular situation is at hand. Viva October!!!
Every year since Tim and I have been married we have gone out to
Luxemburg and picked apples at the (not so local) orchard. There is also
a giant pumpkin patch out there with tons of different types sizes and
colors. My favorite, of course being the ugliest and most colorful ones
possible… the more warts… the better. Timmy always finds one for each of
the girls and brings them by for me to check out before tossing them
into the trunk (what a peach). Its not like I am this Halloween Nazi and
everything has to be just so… but ummm… yes that’s exactly true.
Anyhoo--- We especially had fun this year with Tim’s parents because his
brother, sister in law and their two daughters joined us out there too.
I think I took roughly a hundred pictures and could have taken even
more had the rain held off. The visit was a little rushed because of the
weather but we still got to take a wagon ride behind the tractor and
walk the grounds a bit. Typically Kyra would be along for this type of
trip but as she gets older both her mom’s side and her dad’s sides are
finding it hard to do family things. Her involvement in school
activities and clubs is wonderful but it totally cuts into our family
time. So because this event was taking place on her mom’s weekend, we
were not able to include her in with the rest of us. That’s one of the
bummers when it comes to split households. But I think she was okay with
it because the following weekend she got to hang out with his parents
for a whole day. Is it exactly the same? Well no. But I think she was
definitely okay with the special treatment lol. When we got back to town
(in the pouring rain mind you) we stopped at Tim’s parents for a bit to
visit. The rain had stopped but the water was still running quickly in
the ditches so we threw on our rain boots and headed outside to play… I
love having kids!
No comments:
Post a Comment