Sunday, October 27, 2013

Practice makes perfect

2013 has been an odd year for many reasons and I have more to add to the list. Halloween is usually such a huge deal for us- like enormous. And this year it just feels blah. I am not sure if it’s because I have to work this weekend before and wont be participating in all the action or what. I just feel off. Oh well… At least the girls had fun with my parents and got out to trick or treat twice. Saturday they were Pegasuses (not sure of the pleural on that one hahaha) in Appleton and then again on Sunday, they were cute little Elmos in Luxemburg. We called it “practice” trick or treating and as far as the girls were concerned it was the real deal. There was candy- that’s all they cared about.  And I guess in reality it was REAL because they did everything they would have if it was Halloween just on a different day. Mom was sure to reinforce the Ps&Qs and kept the majority of the candy out at her place (thank you by the way).  I felt bad because half the fun of the holiday for me is to get all dressed up with the girls and figure out the various outfits that we will all wear. And we are talking multiple costumes. I hope I didn’t spoil the magic for them by being less than enthused however it just feels wrong. Maybe I will find the magic in the next week here. 

No comments: