Today was an interesting day. First of all I was starving because I had to fast for 12 hours for my insurance exam at work. So of course my appointment was at 930 am so I quit eating after 9pm last night. I wasn't aware however that Kaitlynn was going to get up at 4am and for the most part stay up. So needless to say, I am a little sleepy.
-----------------------------------------
In other news... Dad has been home now for a few days and seems to be doing pretty well. Mom had a bit of a hard time adjusting to having him be so tired, especially since we all know that he is quite the busy body. I am proud of both of them though; its a hard thing to deal with cancer both physically and emotionally, and they are going to do just fine. Today dad was admitted into the hospital again to have a port inserted into his chest. I guess the port is a permanent fixture and will be used when they start the chemotherapy in a few weeks. Before he left the hospital last time, they tattooed four little lines to mark where they need to line him up for the radiation. I told him that with all his scars we should have just had them tattoo a screaming eagle around his chest... he didn't really go for that one... he smiled though.
---------------------------------------
The surgery this afternoon took about four or give hours when it was all said and done. So instead of waiting in the hospital family room we chose to take the girls to the local zoo... which was free today!!! Its not that we didn't want to be there when he came out, it s just hard to sit there and wait, especially with the baby. So we headed to the zoo and we met AJ and Anna there. It was a great time. The weather was cool but not cold which made it nice to walk around the park. We ended up riding the carousel before we left which was only a buck... can you believe it? Only in Wisconsin. Anyways, the surgery went well... Everyone is beat... but we're all still relatively happy.
No comments:
Post a Comment