YEEEEESSSSS!!! I love the shopping on Black Friday, it is the third best day of the year (behind Halloween and Thanksgiving). I had the best day ever! We started out this morning at 4:30 and headed to WalMart. I stuck Kaitlynn in her purple snow suit and snuggled her in the car seat. I was hoping she would stay asleep in the cart but as soon as she saw the WalMart sign she was up... and almost as excited as I was. We only had a few things on our list and were able to get them all. I like going to the WalMart in Sparta because there is literally nobody there, like maybe 50 people. There is definitely still a ruckus but no pushing and shoving. After our success we headed to McDonald's to have a quick breakfast. Kaitlynn liked her little eggies and wanted my Diet Coke. I kept telling her "not for babies" but she didn't really care about all that. We headed to Lacrosse after our breakfast and met up with my cousins Krissy and Theresa, my Aunt Barb and Paula (not my Paula, their Paula). Before that mom and I courageously fought the crowds at Kohl's and Old Navy. Our strategy is to get her and the baby in line and while they are waiting i run around the store like a crazy person picking up all our items... It's the best. I think my favorite thing is asking people where things are, its like a certain camaraderie. So we met up and went to Menards. I got a bunch of batteries and some floormats for my car. I was going to ask a stockman where the $3 sausages were but I was too chicken, so I asked a lady instead. We got all our stuff packed up and headed back up to Grandma's. After a quick rest and a little drama, we got Dad and Grandma in the car and headed over to my dad's cousin Bill Herrman's farm for a little get together for the cousins. It was nice to see him visit and to see all our great aunts and uncles, etc. AJ and I headed out early to sneak back to Grandma's to put up her Christmas tree and decorate the house. We wanted her to be surprised... and she was (not necessarily in a good way though, Whoops!). After that we headed to The Village Inn in Bangor Wi, about a 10 min drive. I went with Kristina to check out her Dodge Charger, very similar to my Dodge Magnum... but definitely cooler. We got to chatting a little but will have to catch up at Christmas time. Anyways, we had fried fish and some beers (or whatever) and called it a night. The Village Inn is like on my top five best places to eat EVER... I love it almost as much as my dad does. Who by the way was doing pretty well thing week. He was the one who actually wanted to go out for fish, its a good sign. Lets all cross our fingers. Here he is sleeping on the floor in Grandma's living room with Kaitlynn, they passed right out. What a Day!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment