Today the girls, mom and I went downtown Green Bay for the annual Christmas Parade. It was a super day! We got down there around 9am this morning to get a spot. The streets were already full so we grabbed a spot on a nearby corner. The weather was cool so I put Kaitlynn in her snowsuit to brave the cold. She looked like a huge purple snowball. The first "float" was Time Warner cable and they threw out candy... I didn't think they still did that anymore. Kyra was super stoked! We saw a float done by Holy Cross which is the grade school that AJ and I went to. It was soooo weird to see that. Another one we recognized was from dad's work WPS. The best part was this huge hot air balloon gondola without the balloon ontop. So when they pulled the string it shot these huge flames up into the air. It was amazing just how warm that felt that far away. The UW-Madison band was there too (about 30 people) playing classic UW songs. The parade was of course finished with the much anticipated Santa float... what a great time!
Saturday, November 21, 2009
Christmas Parade
Today the girls, mom and I went downtown Green Bay for the annual Christmas Parade. It was a super day! We got down there around 9am this morning to get a spot. The streets were already full so we grabbed a spot on a nearby corner. The weather was cool so I put Kaitlynn in her snowsuit to brave the cold. She looked like a huge purple snowball. The first "float" was Time Warner cable and they threw out candy... I didn't think they still did that anymore. Kyra was super stoked! We saw a float done by Holy Cross which is the grade school that AJ and I went to. It was soooo weird to see that. Another one we recognized was from dad's work WPS. The best part was this huge hot air balloon gondola without the balloon ontop. So when they pulled the string it shot these huge flames up into the air. It was amazing just how warm that felt that far away. The UW-Madison band was there too (about 30 people) playing classic UW songs. The parade was of course finished with the much anticipated Santa float... what a great time!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment