Thursday, December 10, 2009

Baby its cold outside!


Last night Bella and I went out to my parent's house to help them set up their Christmas tree. Before we drove out there I wanted to get Kaitlynn's pictures taken for her one years. I have been going to Target for the last few years but got a coupon in the mail for free ones at WalMart. So I figured i would give them another try... OMG (haha) it took two hours! Not me waiting two hours, but the whole process of getting them taken and the women trying to sell them to me... it was ridiculous. I ended up getting so frustrated that I bought pretty much the bare minimum and left very disappointed because they were super super cute. Argh! For future reference, no more WalMart portrait studios.
On other news... We went out and helped to decorate the tree and dig out their electrical cords to reset them (power surge). It sounds very minimal but the issue is the fact that we got a foot and a half of snow in the last two days and it doesn't help that they live in the country. So needless to say that their roads were not plowed well and certainly snow was piled high... and all from two days. (I'll take pictures later this week if I remember) So I dug out their lights and reset them and tried to knock off the snow from their trees because the weight of the snow was snapping branches, but it didn't work out so hot. All i got was a backache and wet feet. If it keeps up like this I am going to have to buy some snow pants. I wonder if they come in a size super chubby fatso? (Don't worry, I am happy with myself, just a little frustrated with my stress eating). But its the holidays, might as well have a good time right? Kyra and I are looking forward to competing on a take home version of dance dance revolution. (I'll blog about it in the future)
So it was 3 degrees on the ride home tonight. I let the car warm up before we left but it didn't really do anything except waste my gas. I guess it was a tiny bit warmer than outside. Kaitlynn is not to sure about this cold weather stuff. She has a hard time keeping her eyes open and the cold air takes her breath away... it should be an interesting winter to say the least.

No comments: