Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Road Trip

Today we took a road trip down to Milwaukee to see AJ and Anna... and the Museum. It had been quite a while (summertime) since we had been down there and the Texas crew had never been. I don't know that the museum itself was all that impressive but the drive down was a nice tour of the country side's snow in all its glory. We caravaned the entire way down which is only about and hour and a half. But remind me next time that I say I am going to follow my father or he is going to follow me that its a reallly really bad idea. We were both pretty certain that the other person's cruise control was broken... que sera sera. We stopped in Sheboygan first to see if the target there had Kaitlynn's bins for her bedroom. Scratch that, my car (Mom, baby, Jennifer and Andrew) was ahead by about 10 mins so we decided to stop. After a quick run through the store we pooped over the highway to meet the other vehicle at the Harley Davidson shop for lunch... I know it sounds weird but there is a super cute little diner attached to the showroom. We filled our bellies and our gas tanks before heading south another hour and picking up Miss Anna Banana. After a few directional errors and a bagilian phone calls to Carlos we found the parking structure. It was at this point that we decided maybe it was better that we all go our separate ways and meet at a central location at 5pm when the museum closed. This was not because we were all angry or anything... just needed some space. It is a technique that the Soto/ Steinhausen/ Herrman group has adapted to as a means of surviving in such a large group. Its actually pretty healthy... that is if you want to leave with your body intact. I can tell you that at this point I was ready to bit someones head off. I decided to volunteer to take the girls and dad around the museum for the day. Anna unknowingly subjected herself to the same torture but honestly made the whole experience much more bearable... thank you Anna. The girls were crabby and I was right there with them. I think my favorite part was the butterfly exhibit. You walk in this double doored area and there a like a million butterflies in the air. You can even touch them (not their wings ofcourse) and take their pictures

After an actually really cool experience we headed to a much needed meal at Karl Ratzsch's famous German restaurant... it was awesome. All the ladies were dressed in their little outfits and the beer was tall and dark. We all tried different meals and did our regular passing of the plates so that everyone could try something if they wanted to. We got three deserts at the end too... yummy... I just don't want to know how much that cost. The drive back was a little slower because of the snow but all in all it was an awesome day. I really had fun and honestly will never forget it.

This is a little video from tonight that I thought was pretty funny...

No comments: