Saturday, May 22, 2010

Anna's Bridal Shower

Sleeping beauties just couldn't stay up any longer (yes Kaitlynn is upside down)
Bronander girls giving the games at the pool a try... just like their Daddy
Having fun in the pool and Dad lounging close by


Yesterday we headed down to the Janesville area to celebrate Anna's bridal shower with her. We picked Kyra up after school and then Mom, Dad, Bella Bean, Kyra and I made the 3 hour (give or take a bit) trip across the state. It was great. I was a little crabby... being pregnant and only sleeping a few hours after a night shift... but luckily my family is pretty understanding when it comes to my fluctuations :) We met the happy couple at Anna's parents house in Milton before headed out for a bite to eat. I have to say that her parents have some of the most beautiful landscaping I have ever seen. It is just color as far as the eye can see and they have just an awesome property. Dinner was at a little mom and pop style pizza parlor but I have to tell you... it was the best darn salad I have ever eaten, hands down (sorry Olive Garden). The pizza was huge and super fresh... yum yum yummy! Aj and Anna are getting married in late July so we decided to try out the hotel where the reception is that first night and give the pool a test drive. The girls totally dug it.We spent a good two hours playing in the pool and just relaxing before the gift opening. Kyra was doing interpretive diving... a new game we made up where I make a suggestion and she has to act it out. For example: Lightning bugs: she has to somehow make it look like she is catching lightning bugs while jumping in the pool. Mom said ice cube- that was a hard one. Kaitlynn's first teeter totter experience
Kyra digging in the dirt in her new dress (typical I tell you)
The girls had a great time playing at the park that was right next to the gift opening. Anna's parents put on quite the spread with all of our favorite foods. kyra and I ate so many devilled eggs and fruit that I am surprised our bellies didn't blow up. The shower started at 1pm which is Bella's normal napping time so I was nervous that she was going to be a beast... but she did just fine. WE just kept taking turns going in and out with the girls over to the park. Kyra made some new friends (which is definitely getting easier for her finally) so she would come in for a drink or the bathroom but that was pretty much it. Except for the cake... she didn't miss trying out the cake. It was pretty hot out that day but the building had A/C so you didn't really even notice the heat. Around 4-5pm we started heading back across the state but ran into construction twice along the way. It is always an adventure when you travel with the Herrmans. I think all of us fell asleep at some point on the way home. Kaitlynn had a bit of a hard time being in the car seat but I really cant blame her. I don't think I would like to be restrained like that for so long myself :)

Kaitlynn organizing candy with her "Ba Ba"

No comments: