I have finally gar-dadu-ated... and boy does it feel good. They say that I was in a record class here at UW- Green bay: 825 graduates and over 700 showed up for the ceremony... there were alot of people that's for sure. For those of you that are not familiar with my educational journey: I graduated from Notre Dame Academy in Green Bay in 2000. I started at UW-Milwaukee that fall and stayed for two years. I decided to transfer to UWGB to be closer to my honey (Timmy ofcourse) and it was after my first semester here that they let me know that my grades were not good enough to continue on there. WHAT?!? So I went to NWTC on the suggestion of my super smart sister in law Tara and graduated in the Respiratory Care Program in 2006. In 2007/08 sometime in there UWGB offered a Bachelors degree to those graduates of NWTC where they would come in as Juniors and only have to take two years of classes for their major. For some reason UWGB honored not only my NWTC credits but my UW-Milwaukee credits too so all I had to do was take 10 classes to get my bachelors degree... talk about good luck. So now I officially have finished by educational journey with two notches on my belt and who knows what else is to come. Timmy makes fun of me and says "After 10 years aren't you supposed to be a doctor or something?" My reply is that "I am more well rounded than most." Ha! He does have a point. My new official title is a Bachelors degree in Interdisciplinary Studies with an emphasis in Cultural Sensitivity... in a nutshell- teaching people how to be nice to each other. Not very exciting to most but I LOVE it! There are no immediate plans for a new job as I still like what I am doing, but in the next few years or so I will probably start looking for something with more reasonable hours. I want to thank everyone that has supported me through my educational experience! Thank you to my parents and my lovely husband for attending my graduation; it was great to have you there and know that you care. (Thank you Andy and Paula for having a play day with the little one.)
1 comment:
Playdate was my pleasure...literally. CONGRATS sis!!
Post a Comment