Sunday, May 9, 2010

Wedding Shower

This weekend was AJ and Anna's wedding shower at the farm... and it was awesome! We started out by running a few errands before leaving town. It was raining and cold so actually a really great day to be in the car. We headed down to Oshkosh to see if there was anything at the outlet mall but for some reason I think we have lost the need to shop... I know its crazy! Or maybe it was the fact that there really wasn't anything there that we needed. Mom, Dad and Kyra were only a few minutes behind us which was good because we didn't find anything. We then caravaned to Ripon and stopped at Culver's... for the best sundae ever (Chocolate with peanut butter and hot fudge... yummy). We split after that because I forgot the directions but luckily I have GPS on my phone and we got there... eventually. That is in part because there was ridiculous traffic on the highway and it took us literally hours to go a few miles. Luckily Bella and Kyra were with mom and dad so they got the pleasure of the girls company. We got to Grandma's a little after 9pm and whipped up the two salads for Saturday- a supreme pizza bake and our famous chicken ranch bow tie pasta. We got up on Saturday got our salads ready and headed to the shower where my cousins were already busy decorating for. The hall looked great. Krissy made the most awesome cake and cupcakes to match. I have to say that it was quite the party. The little kids loved it because they could fill their little bellies and then run around the gym for the afternoon. Kyra had fun with the "bride game" and I had fun watching them open a very naughty gift (hey- somebody had to do it!) Dad got to catch up with the family a bit and all in all it was a good time. AJ was so cute because he read all the cards out loud... all of them. It was adorable! We visited at Grandma's for a while after the shower and then the majority of us went out to dinner at the Village Inn in Bangor... my favorite! We had a sleepy ride home Sunday (mothers day by the way) and we stopped just enough not to get leg cramps. I guess I fell asleep for 20 mins or so but Timmy didn't wake me up so it must have been okay. Jade came to pick Kyra up sometime around 5pm and for the rest of the night I got to study... yuk! But school will be over soon and then my free time will atleast be something I can fill with something other than reading :)
PS- Krissy little piggy is named Buttercup and the girls totally adore her... Bella wasn't so sure at first but now every time she sees her picture she snorts like a piggy... super cute!


No comments: