Friday, December 17, 2010

Winter Concert

(top row- 5th in from left) Today was Kyra's winter concert at school. I was super excited to go with Timmy but our sitting situation fell through so I ended up going by myself- which was okay I guess. I met up with Sharon and Karla at the school and brought the littlest peanut with me. I gave myself ample time to get there but not too much time to park and walk inside- which I should have because they were parked up and down the streets on all sides of the school- whoops! I ran inside and found where we were sitting and dropped off Olivia. I had to run back outside though and move my car because I sorta parked in a crosswalk and would rather not have to pay a ticket this close to the holidays- Merry Christmas to me! So I ran out and back in just in time to see the start of the concert. It was adorable! The little 1st and 2nd graders did all the cutsie songs including my favorite "I want a Hippopotamus for Christmas." Kyra's class did more of a skit/ song rendition which was more age appropriate I guess. I still like the good old fashion We wish you a Merry Christmas and Oh Christmas Tree, etc... what every happened to those (Oh ya, Jesus got kicked out of school- I forgot... at least there was still room for him in the manger). After school all the girls and I did some running around returning and using up coupons that expire this week- I couldn't pass up the deals. We finished off our night starting to make the peanut butter balls for the holidays. It is quite the process. I was glad that mom and dad were able to help watch the girls while I got them going. It was funny that in the end it was Kyra and Dad portioning out the deliciousness, mom with Olivia and I had the Bella bean. It proves to me that even though you may have things planned out- it doesn't always go the way you think it will... I am trying to get used to this... woosaahh

No comments: