
This weekend we decided to make the short hour and a half drive down to Milwaukee to see AJ and Anna before we all went our separate ways for Christmas. Mom and Dad are headed to Texas to see Mary, Carlos, Jennifer and Andrew, AJ and Anna are going by her parents and I have to work overnight that weekend. So what a great time to all get together and celebrate the holiday- who cares if it is a little early? Tim even decided to join in the festivities this time. So after mom and I did our Saturday water aerobics (non-rummage season only) we all got loaded up to drive down and visit. I realized this morning that I have never seen their new place. After the wedding things were so busy and my being pregnant put a wrench in helping with the move- I guess I could have stood and directed but better use of the space was used I am sure :) Anyways- back on track here- Kyra rode down with Mom and Dad while Tim and I had the two little girls. I counted our blessings because both girls slept the majority of the way. After a quick stop at McDonalds for some yummys and a play land, we were in Milwaukee. I have to say- Anna did an awesome job with the apartment (I guess AJ may have helped but I give him no credit) it was absolutely beautiful. The had a live Christmas tree- which Kaitlynn loved and fed us the best ham I have ever eaten IN MY WHOLE LIFE!!! (sorry mom) While we were in Milwaukee we made a quick run to Kyra's favorite places: Discovery World and the Public Museum. (This is Kyra and I at the aquarium in Discovery Word... I love little fishies)

I guess Tim didn't know how cool they both are because as we were leaving he mentioned that maybe next time he might just tag along again... I knew it. We were lucky enough (thank you Dad) to see the "Mummies" exhibit at the museum Sat morning and I have to say- it was gross but super neat. And of course Kyra LOVED it! She had fun going to each of the bodies and reading the captions to me- personally I was a little creaped out but the smile on her face made it totally worth it. We made a short stop by the butterflies (at least to warm up from the mummies exhibit) and Dad had a whole bunch land on him- no poop that I could see though- wink wink! (for those of you that don't know, he has a history of being pooped on by flying animals). AJ, Anna, Kaitlynn and Olivia met up with us after the Museum to catch lunch and then go see the domes. It was beautiful in the "bio domes" (as I call them) especially because they were all done up for the holidays. I realized today just how lucky I am. I have a great family that loves me for who I am and are accepting of all of my little (or big) imperfections inspite of it- There is alot to be thankful for in 2010.
PS- To AJ and Anna: Thank you for your very generous hospitality- it will not be forgotten- actually we plan to take you up on it again (soon!)
PSS- your bed is AWESOME!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment