Saturday, February 12, 2011

Snow Snow Snow

So living in Wisconsin you have to assume there will be snow... but this is getting to be a little ridiculous. Ever since I took on the adult role that involves snow removal I now groan when I see it. But I have to smile a little when I see just how much the girls love it. I didn't know that Kyra's only chance to go sledding is when she is at our house so we are trying to get as much in as possible. This weekend we went to my parents house to try out their hills from the driveway. Kaitlynn had a total blast especially since Kyra was such a great big sister and dragged her up the hill each time so she could slide down. Every time she got to the bottom she would say "More Ryra!" After a few dozen times I think Kyra had enough and the girls came in. Oliva hung out in her little swing and comfy warm jammies with Grandpa. We spent some time in the basement going through mom and dad's "treasures" to see if there was anything they wanted to clear out- I am having some premature Spring cleaning urges (Don't worry- I am not pregnant). So we jumped into the boxes that have been in storage for quite some time. I can already tell that it is going to be a process because every time Dad came across an old yearbook or pictures from college we had to stop and take a look. I am not complaining- a year ago I didn't think he would be around to even tell these stories- and here we are one year later with no new cancer and a whole afternoon of reminiscing- it was great... I hope there are many more of these to come :)

No comments: