
I just ate the second best chicken and stuffing in the entire world. Number one chicken goes to the Sweet Seasons in Dykesville Wi and the best stuffing is definitely Grandma Herrman's... but this combo was right behind it- DeeeeLicious! Mom and I went out for dinner before we took Kaitlynn to the Green Bay Public Museum. It is free on Wednesday nights from 6-8pm so we thought we should check it out. It was cool to go because it is almost exactly as I remember it as a kid. Mom used to bring AJ and I all time when we were first here in Green Bay during the mid to late eighties... and its the same. Except for the fact that it is no longer free, but it was today! Kaitlynn loved walking through all the exhibits. But I don't think she was looking at them and soaking up the history. I think she was remembering them and mapping out the maze in her mind because once she figure it out- she as off a runnin! The old mastodon is still there and scared the living snot out of her... honestly I liked it because there is truely very little that slows this girl down. She held my hand and said "Mommy- Katie scared." When you walk past a sensor it makes this horrible animal screeching sound which drove her nuts. I remember AJ running back and forth over it again and again when we were kids. So I got a few hugs in while I could and marked the moment with a picture.

After a little cuddling she discovered the dinosaur section that had these huge digging pits. If you brushed away the tiny little grains of sand you would uncover dino eggs and bones (I think). I was so busy trying to keep the sand in the boxes that I am not sure what she uncovered... could have been golden bricks for all I know. But we had a great time together. Unfortunately the gift shop was shut which bummed Kaitlynn out (she likes to shop). Maybe some snowy day we can come back and check it out again- with Kyra, cause I am done running... which I know is a delusion, but it keeps me hopeful for the future!
No comments:
Post a Comment