Saturday, May 18, 2013
Great America Trip
Kyra is super excited to go to 6 flags Great America today down in Illinois today. She did some fundraising over the winter (thanks to all that participated) and will be traveling with her band group the few hours to get the via Coach buses (better than a school bus for sure). I forgot how much work goes into piking out clothes for an event like this for a teenage girl. I guarantee that I was the same way (I still remember the Puma sneakers having to match my mini backpack/purse ... remember Jackie???) but it was fun to spend the time with her involved and excited about something other than her cell phone, Ipad or computer. This whole generation of technology gurus makes me a little uncomfortable. They say (my generation) people in their thirties are "technology immigrants" ... all I can tell you is now I know how Chef Boyardee felt coming to America... quite the learning curve. I had the opportunity to chaperone (my trip paid for) but after a few minutes of consideration (more like seconds) I realized that chaperoning dozens of 13 year olds sound like total hell to me... you couldn't pay me enough to do it... well maybe there is a number out there.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment