Friday, May 31, 2013

Retirement is Golden

It has been just about six months since my father had his "finally retired" panic attack in the emergency room. I was concerned at that time (and so was AJ) that he was going to go crazy with all the free time on his hands. Boy, were we wrong. Sometimes it seems way longer than 6 months since he said Adios to those long work weeks and hello to days filled with accomplishment, contentment and laughter. Dad throughout his cancer recovery has taken the lighter side of life (thank goodness) and (most days) is a joy to be around. Although I must say that I am sure its in part because I have seen my parents at least three or four times a week for the past five months. Between them watching the girls and the bathroom remodel its been an everyday sorta thing... and I love it. I cant imagine not having them so close, but I don't want to be any closer either... 12.5 minutes away is perfect for me. We can still visit them without traveling all day but I still have time to run around the house and pickup starting from the time they call until the time they are on my doorstep. Yup, pretty swell round these parts. (touch and go at times hahaha)

No comments: