Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Wild Animal Kingdom

Today the girls and I hitched a ride down to Madison with my parents. My Dad had some business down there with his new consulting firm (which seems to be going well so far) and so we tagged along for a little day trip to go exploring. We started off at the Zoo (my favorite one in the state... I have very fond memories from childhood I guess) and it was hot. Not uncomfortably hot but when you go from 55 degrees one day and 82 the next, your body just isn't ready for it . So the four of us girls started out great but eventually got a lil crabby (imagine that). For example: Via wanted to go on the carousel. OK no problem. We got our token and started to wait in line. She didn't want to wait in line. After watching two sets of ride takers go before us when it was finally our turn to get on, she chickened out. What??? No way Jose. She was going on that stinkin ride even if I had to put her up on that zebra (which I did). I stood between the two girls and help them tight so they didn't slide off the ride. It was at this point when Katie started to get a little sassy and ran away from me when I was getting Via off the ride. That little stinker just wasn't listening at all. Not that she is all that great normally but this was way worse. Thank goodness I brought a little leash for Via (don't judge me) because mom was hot and distracted so it was pretty much my job to chase after the girls. Don't get me wrong, as the parent I realize that I should always be watching after my chitlins but when we agreed to divide and conquer I was getting pissy having to chase them both. That was until we all decided to dip our toes in the lake to cool off a bit. That worked! The water was still ice cold and so after only a few minutes we were back to normal=== a Diva moment and me caught without a snickers bar hahaha.



After a few hours at the zoo we packed up and headed to the children's museum (Katie's favorite) it was Via's first visit to Madison so we wanted to show her the ropes. I know it seems odd that Olivia has never been there seeing we go all the time but I guess I have always been nervous to send her very far especially without me. She hasn't had a seizure since she was 6 months old but I still freak out about it. I am better when she is with her dad but even an overnight with my parents makes me a little edgy. She goers in November to see the pediatric neurologist for a check up and I am hoping he weans her meds and discontinue them. He always tells me that 2 years old in the world of seizures is not old and to be patient. I have to grit my teeth and remind myself that no matter what the inconvenience and cost the Kepra inflicts it is priceless to have me little princess around. Even if she does blow "raspberries" right in my face (I have kyra and Tim to thank for that). She had fun playing in all the various areas at the museum but i think the piano was her favorite. Bella spent a really long time at the painting station and all I could do was sit in awe at how awesome and different they both are--- but still just like their momma! I have said it before but I can say it everyday--- I am happy and blessed to have such a wonderful and full life. Of course there is little stuff that makes me crazy and my blood pressure still bounces around all the time (not really I just like the imagery that implies) but life is good. On the roof of the museum there is a garden outside that overlooks the city and the capital building. Wouldn't you know I find a "sign" up there. Not only was there an awesome metal sculpture (which reminds me to continue with my art) but it was the last creation of Dr. Evermore (look him up on Google). Craziness (I am pretty sure we are kindred spirits). I have started the habit of looking for the positives in my day and acknowledging all the serendipitous coincidences that go on. For example: every time I hear the song "Its a Wonderful World" by Louis Armstrong mixed with "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" I know that my grandparents on the Jones side are around me a that I am loved. I usually end up crying because its bittersweet how much I miss them but I remember how good they were to me. Other times I hear people and even conversations that total strangers are having trigger some memory of a loved one (dead or alive) and it makes me appreciate everything right in my life. I could be a negative Nellie-- sure-- but I like being a positive Petunia better.

No comments: