Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Lil Soccer Star

Katie is not even close to a soccer star as far a skill goes but she certainly shines bright out on that field... assuming she stays on it. Bella was able to sign up this year for summer soccer league in the Green Bay area. They dropped the age to include 4 1/2 year olds and she just made it. which is fairly evident when you watch her play because it is quite the experience. Bella has never attended daycare or been around other kids for a prolonged period of time. Sure we drop her off at the YMCA for an hour or so at a shot but that is more of a play-day than a focused activity like organized sports. Her poor coach. She started practice in April twice a week and now has had a few games. So far her favorite activity is spinning and picking flowers off the field. I have to say that when prodded she will run with the pack but she does it with her eyes practically shut, head thrown back and arms stretched wide out... envision riding in a convertible on the wide open road... she just exhutes happy. Every game seems to get easier for her behavior wise. The first couple times she was focused at the beginning but then lost interest and decided to walk off the field. Like literally walk off the field. I am trying to keep an open mind and appreciate how incredibly adorable she is. The other parents sure think its cute but the OCD mommy in me is going crazy and totally wants to scream at her. Woosah... but I haven't... and I am trying my best not to. They are only this little and innocent for such a short time... I have to remember to enjoy it while I can.

No comments: