Tuesday, September 3, 2013
4K drama...
My anxieties are at their peek right now when I think about Katie starting school. Its not that I am not confidant in her ability to go to school and do well, its just that I am nervous not to have her here with me at home in the morning. Although it will be nice for her to socialize with kids her own age and give Via a break from the incessant directions. It will be interesting to see how Olivia fairs without her big sister around to play with. The few times Bella has stayed out at my parents Via LOVED having the house and toys to herself but was constantly looking around for her sister… so it should be interesting. Katie will be at 4K Mondays through Thursdays from 8 until 11. We live super close (lke within a block) from what could have been her school but based on the side of the road our house is seated on she was sent to a school where she needs to get bussed out of town. Its sorta weird but the concept is growing on us. It seems that Green Bay public schools are becoming quite populated, so much so that they are finding the new addition of mandatory 4K to be pushing their occupancy limits. SO they city created a school on the edge of town where they teach only 4K students from the area. Bella is in a class of 20 and the building has four classrooms at this point. The nice thing is that she will get to ride the bus this year but when she starts Kindergarten she will go to her permanent school. And speaking of rising the bus I have to tell you about the first day craziness at the Bronander house. So as you all know I am a bit of a control freak—I know… not me right? SO the communication from the school district over the summer indicated that children will be picked up in front of their residence and dropped off there as well. Katie is the only student on our street but when the mailing came from the bus company it listed her as getting picked up on the corner. Now, I am not sure if y’all know our street but its super busy. Its an emergency artery on the east side for cripes sake so yah, there are a few cars zooming by. Not only did they want to her to get picked up on the corner (no sidewalks to get there and a ginormous hill so she would have to walk in the street) but they alsp wanted her to cross the street. Ahhh- hells no. So after a few phone calls to the bus company (at the last minute because the pickup assignment came a few days before school started) I thought we were all set. Nope… I was very wrong. On the first day Katie was super excited to go to school- like crazy excited. And so were Tim and I. WE did a special first day breakfast and got her all dolled up for some pictures (that’s a surprise right?) So we followed the directions of the bus company and were outside 15 minutes early and waited for the bus. And waited. And waited. NO bus. It was now 10 minutes before school was supposed to start and she was still waiting. So Timmy drove her there and everything was okay. Until she was due to get off the bus that is. That stinkin bus was two hours late. 2 HOURS!!! I pretty much flipped a lid and the only thing they could tell me was that the bus in the morning broke down but this one was just running late. Really? Her school is like 2 miles away. Argh. So Timmy and I had a good chat at the end of the driveway and the bus pulled up. On the other side of the street and let her off to cross by herself. WTF!!! Timmy ran out into the street and grabbed (trying to stay calm so as not to freak out the babes) but he totally laid into that bus driver. I felt so bad. I was nervous he was going to create some drama that could not be resolved. I get that he was nervous for his child’s safety. That’s reasonable. But there I am up at the house screaming for him to stop swearing… classy living I tell you. In the end it was all good and they started to pick her up and drop her off right at our driveway but these first few weeks were hell. Literal hell. The upside- I get to stay in my sweatpants while we get her ready for school and then just walk her out. Pretty decent trade-off in the end.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment