Wednesday, September 18, 2013
Birthday Breakfast
Its official now… We have a three year old
on our hands. I always swore I wasn’t going to call them the “Terrible
Twos” and honestly we didn't. However, I should not have been so naive
to think that age three was going to be anything less than a challenge.
So what shall we call them? The “Tremendous Threes” The Tumultuous
Threes” I am not so sure. The one thing I am certain of is that Timmy
and I better be on our toes because these girls are going to be a
handful. I always scoffed when mothers would ooh and ahh about how fast
their children were growing up. But now I get it. The time really does
fly. I guess I have to eat my words, which is a hard pill to swallow.
Sheesh- had enough catchy euphemisms? I am full of em today. High’ya!
Anyways, Via went out to breakfast with her “mother” and “father” (it
never gets un-creepy) at of all places McDonalds- her favorite. Usually I
would get a big breakfast for her and Bella to share, which is more
than enough food for the pair of them. On this particular occasion I
told Olivia that she could have anything she wanted. Not thinking- duh
Trina- she is going to want to eat it all. Now this brings us to the
dreaded parenting challenge of whether you let the kid eat whatever she
wants because it’s her birthday? Or do you prevent a ridiculous
bellyache and certain tantrum by cutting her breakfast in half… so
that’s what I did. I gave her half of everything so her tummy didn’t
explode and conceded to the princesses pleas for ice cream… ahhh why
not? You only turn three once right? Lol
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment