Thursday, November 14, 2013
Let's Chat...
Tim and I recently attended Bella's first parent teacher conferences. 4 K
has been quite an eye opener as far as her development both socially
and emotionally. We knew she was bright so we were not worried in that
regard... just the listening and sharing. Two things she is really bad
at. And not for any reason impartial... she just doesn't want to. Cant
blame the girl I guess. Tim and I were nearing the end of our wits over
the summer and I know we should not have put as much hope into her
preschool but so far (knock on wood) its been going just swell. The
meeting with her teacher was quite interesting though and an eye opener
as to what they anticipate her to learn throughout the year. I had no
idea that they expected so much from her and frankly... we gotta get on
the ball. I am lucky enough to have both my parents ready and willing to
help us with the at home education and both Karla (Tim's aunt) and
Sharon (his mom) love to do fun activities with the girls. The alphabet
was a given. I totally figured that. But not only the alphabet but
identifying capital letters as well as smaller case letters. They had to
explain how to read a book (left to right, top to bottom, left page to
right page and the front and back covers). Also nursery rhymes and to
explain the concept of rhyming. Lucky for them we at casa de Bronander
have crazy rhyming skillz so that was a piece of cake for the Bella
Bean. Her numbers on the other hand were not as impressive. I suppose if
I took her shopping more often she may be able to count out the change
for me... I guess I could. If it means I am improving my child's
education. Force my hand why don't cha :) Speaking of force... i have
always felt that dressing the girls up in cute outfits and topping them
off with bows made them look especially cute. SO much so that a person
may be able to overlook their shiesty-ness and forgive the little
sass-pots if the need would arise. Like at the park when they steal a
swing or at the grocery store when they eat cherries without paying for
them. That sort of thing. Well the only person I was fooling was
obviously myself because as we entered the school there was a table of
lost and found items. What did it mainly contain you ask??? Hair bows.
All Bella's. That little stinker.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment