Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Tell me Doctor... How bad is it???

The girls just both recently had their wellness checks done at our family clinic where the doctor checks them over (right around the time of their birthdays) and makes sure they are developing as they should be. It appears that our girls may be over-developing (lol) because check out these statistics:
Kaitlynn
height 3' 6" (40th percentile)
weight 51 lbs. (94th percentile)
Olivia
height 3' 1" (41st percentile)
weight 38 lbs (94th percentile)
It is almost eerie that they are just about two years apart and are developing at the same rate. Bizarre actually. Short and chubby. I guess thats how we grow em round here (yes that was an intended pun).
The girls were both due for some annual immunizations and a flu shot as well which is always fun. At home we do a lot of role playing with various medical equipment toys. The girls love to watch a show called Doc McStuffins where a young girl had the ability to bring her toys to life and fix all of their boo boos. And because I work in the medical field I am always encouraging them to learn how different injuries occur and how to fix them. Unfortunately for my pocketbook, the severe overuse of band aids in my house has created quite a dent. Al thought I have to say that I was lucky enough to come across a deal online where a woman was selling boxes of children's character themed band-aids for a buck a piece. SCORE! I bought 8. Now this was a few months back. Can you believe that they are almost gone??? I had to literally hide them from the girls so they would have a few when they really needed them. I betcha if we tipped the couch over and looked, there would be a literal pile of wrappers from these girls. What a bunch of goofballs. It is literally NEVER boring at my house.
Today however was filled with mixed feelings for all of us. Both girls were excited to get weighed and measured, have their ears, noses and throats examined but when it came time for shots their excitement turned to terror as they remembered just how much needles actually hurt. We pretend to give each other shots at home but its not like I am going to really inflict pain on them. So that was hard for Katie and Via and frankly me too because I had to restrain them to ensure proper placement. I never like to restrain my kids. Especially when it causes them pain. But if its for their own good I certainly can handle a few seconds of emotional discomfort... not to mention the awesome cuddles that follow the tears.

No comments: