Monday, November 4, 2013

Tell Me Somethin Good

I wish I would have taken more pictures for such a momentous occasion because today is the day. We have been waiting to hear these words for two and a half years. Miss Olivia RoseMarie is now ready to come off her seizure medicine. After a much anticipated visit with her pediatric neurologist (Dr. Edgar-- a literal God send) he cleared her to discontinue them. Kepra has been a daily staple in her life since the age of six months and for the next six weeks or so we will be gradually weaning her off it. I have mixed feelings of course with stopping the medicine as I am sure all parents would. What if the seizures come back? What if I don't notice it happening (as they were silent seizures to being with)? What if she stops breathing again??? And then I took a step back and thought... Man, I am so ready for this. I can't change what is meant to happen and if this angel really belongs in heaven... thats where she will go. So knock on wood y'all cause I surely look forward to decades of awesome with this little firecracker. Oh and guess what!!! It seems that a side effect of Kepra is irritability... so there is a chance that her occasional grumpiness (and by that i mean frequent) may be in part due to the meds. Time will only tell but here's hopin we have even more sunshine and sweetness from the littlest Bronander babe.

No comments: