
Thanksgiving is always an interesting time of year around our place.
There is always such a hustle to get things done and squared away for
the holiday that it gets a little tense. Which when all is said and
done- I love. When Tim and I did our birth planning I was gong-ho for
having fall babies because that meant I would be off of work for the
fall and into the holidays. In retrospect, that may have been a poor
choice in the sense that it makes them late bloomers in terms of school
attendance and man oh man are there presents around this joint. Via's
birthday in September and Katie's in November followed by Christmas in
December and January makes for a hoppin few months. Because Bella was
born on the 25th of November we try to celebrate her birthday the
weekend before Thanksgiving. This way Kyra is able to be there (which is
important to both her and the girls). This year Bella was off school
the Wednesday before Turkey Day so she opted to go over to Sparta to be
with my parents and my Dad's family from the Western side of Wisconsin.
Aj and Anna were there too so it made for some sweet one on one time for
the group. (Sometimes having the girls together can be a little
overwhelming. Its easier as the parent because you have to love them. Is
it wrong to think this way? LOL) Anyhoo... We shipped Katie off with my
parents Tuesday after school and kept Via home with Timmy. I had to
work Wednesday night so Via went by Tim's parents for the day and got a
little quality visiting time by herself. Previous to this I was able to
get all our grocery shopping done (add matching at WalMart truly rocks
my world) and so we were well stocked for the big celebration at our
house. For the past few years we have hosted Thanksgiving at our home
for the Bronanders (and various Herrmans) and it has been awesome. This
way I still get to see family before I head off to work at the hospital.
However this year I had the holiday off so I got to participate in all
the fun. We started the day off with ginormous cinnamon rolls (a
tradition) while we watched the parade and did food prep during commercials. I am sure you are asking why I don't just fast forward
through the commercials (as technology would surely allow this practice)
I just like what I like. And right now, I like to do it the same was as
I have the last 30 years. Stuck in my old ways I guess. Tim got the
turkey on the grill right quick and I started peeling roughly a million
potatoes.
I was lucky enough to only take the top layer of my fingertips off while
peeling so not too bad. That was until I had to mash them and i burnt
my fingers over and over... I am not the quickest learner. Well more the
fact that I am lady and determined at the same time. It had to be done,
Timmy was busy and I didn't want to get a new utensil. Burnt fingers it
is. The meal was amazing and the company even better. I love how
relaxed it is even though its at our home. The prep can be a pain and
the fact that I have to clean before company and then again after, but
its totally worth it. I love me some Turkey Day.
Happy 5th Birthday Miss Bella
No comments:
Post a Comment