Saturday, December 28, 2013

Full Bellies

AJ and Anna always put on the best meals. They are totally gracious hosts and sometimes I get nervous bringing the girls over in the winter because they get a bit rambunctious. And by that I mean bat shit crazy. At first Katie and Via are sweet and a little timid, but by the end of the visit they are running laps between all the first floor rooms like it’s their job. I am always worried that something is going to get broken (like their faces). But AJ and Anna (who will make awesome parents someday wink wink) are firm with their correction but genuine in their delivery. The girls love the hell out of them and are always excited to see them. Like tonight! We did a little post-Christmas celebration as we were not all able to get together for the holiday. They made ham (and other food that I can’t remember because all I was concentration on was that amazing ham). We opened a few gifts after and I think my favorite gift of all (albeit cliché) was the gift of laughter. We just busted a gut sitting there together… no judgments no worry about what someone would do or say or think… just happy (gassy) people loving each other. In a word: Amazing.

No comments: