Before my dad got sick he was
always well prepared for whatever was to come his way. Especially when
it was something that was important to him (in all honestly a bit over
prepared). So it came as quite a shock when he mentioned in passing that
we should get a new family picture taken (seeing the last one was 5
years ago while he was on death’s door and Via wasn’t even born yet). OK
cool I thought. No problem, we can do that. I bet Paula (my awesome
sister in law) would be more than willing to shoot a few snapshots for
us. It was only later on when I clarified that he meant for his
Christmas cards. Really Dad? How am I going to get all of our schedules
to line up in only a few weeks, not to mention get Kyra on a school
night? The chances of being able to rent the studio in December are not
so great and the turn around on his cards could be weeks. Take deep
breath Trina. You are the master under pressure. But as the universe
aligned I was reminded that good things can happen if we work hard
enough. And all my busywork did just that. AJ and Anna had a Monday
night open, the studio was available and Paula was able to swing by and
make magic happen. I should have bought a lottery ticket (because
honestly the chances of this happening were slim) but why waste my good
luck just yet.
No comments:
Post a Comment