For the past 8 years we have always gone and watched Kyra perform at her
Winter Concert. This year she didn't even tell us about it. I don't
know whats going on but by the time it crossed my mind the show had come
and gone without a notice from either Kyra or her mom. It made me a
little sad to think she didn't want her family there to watch but at the
same time if she is not excited for us to be there then frankly I don't
want to go (and its boring as hell). Today however, was Kaitlynn's 4K
Christmas Concert. I can not tell you how thrilled I was to hear it
called this instead of "Winter concert." No offense (and I apologize if
you are offended) but I don't like when people pussyfoot around words. I
get it. Christmas is a hard time for people that don't believe in
Christ or the saints or Frosty the Snowman. I get it. But I don't
necessarily throw a fit when people are talking about the zombie
Apocalypse. I am not throwing that in their face. The thing is... it was
done tactfully. They didn't do a whole bunch of religious songs (none
actually) but for some reason saying Christmas makes it that much more
special. Anyhoo- enough of that dribble. Bella is part of a new school
that has four 4K classes for kids on the east side of Green Bay. She
gets bussed (which is going better I think) and loves to see her
friends... not so much the listening part though. I was so proud today
because she was a great little listener, even with all the distractions
of 80 children's families and friends packed into a gym (makeshift at
that). I was disappointed though that they didn't put the kids up on
higher risers or move the front row of adults back a bit because you
couldn't see the children very well. I ended up standing off to the side
trying to get a good view of Kate but the girl next to her kept leaning
forward into the way. Darn you little blue eyed blonde curly haired
four year old!!! Next time I am literally bringing a step ladder along
and standing up above everyone so I get a better view. I honestly don't
care what I look like because the end result is all I care about. Boom!
After the performance there were cookies for everyone to share
(a commons room with 10 tables of various delights) and the little ones
showed us the art they had displayed on the walls. Katie was more than
happy to explain the whole process of creating such a work of art and I
just stood there in awe of what an awesome human being she is and is
going to be. 4K is half over and my Bella Bean is growing up way too
fast.
No comments:
Post a Comment