Saturday, December 14, 2013

Big Red

Who is this guy??? That’s what Katie said pointing over her shoulder in the direction of Santa at the mall last week. Via was totally oblivious and to her sister’s question and literally mesmerized by the snow and glitter while we waited in line to see the big guy. Every year we take the girls to see “Santa’s helper” at the mall and to snap a few pictures. I had hoped the magic if Christmas was going to last a few years in our house but frankly these girls are too bright for their own good. Ya can’t bullsh*t a bullsh*tter I guess. And Katie is a tiny Trina- for reals- it’s scary sometimes. She sees right through me and I the same for her. But Miss Olivia on the other hand is a bit harder to read… she’s good. I have waves of nausea pass over me when I think about all the trouble she will get into throughout her lifetime. Although I am a tiny bit comforted in the fact that both these girls should be able to talk their way out of just about anything. So in the end, I reminded Katie that in our house we don’t say “fat” and we never say “Santa isn’t real” because then he doesn’t bring presents. “Is that what you want Kate?” She just smiled, shook her head and hopped on the big guys lap. I think once she got up there and was relaxed she was more open to the idea. All I know is that when the girls were all done they had asked Santa for a puppy and a baby brother. Ummmm no and no. Hell no. This house shall be animal and baby free from now on I hope. At least if I have anything to say about it hahaha.
this young man was spreading the Christmas Spirit by buying the girls a ride on the little ice cream truck in the mall. Total stranger putting good Karma into the universe... super awesome. Thank You :)

No comments: