Saturday, June 5, 2010

Been a long time

So I think I came out of my fog today around 1100 am. I am not sure how long I have been feeling down and low but all of a sudden today it seems that I have woken up. I think it was just all the stress of school, the pregnancy and my dad that had me just running in cruise control. It is amazing that my dad has changed so much and it has only been nine months. It seems like it has been years. Don't get me wrong, I love him and am grateful for every minute (for the most part) that I get to spend with him... he's just not my dad. I knew this would happen eventually but I guess I never thought it would be in my twenties. What it has taught me though is to enjoy the present... because you never know what the future may hold. That is why I have taken a personal vow not to participate in things or surround myself by people that make me feel bad. It is quite refreshing I must tell you! But anyways, like I was saying- I am definitely feeling better. My body is still all broken but that is because I have developed allergies and cant take anything for them because of the baby. Outside of that- I am doing good. Yesterday we picked Kyra up from school and went out to lunch. I have been craving chicken strips and fries so we went to one of our local hospitals (weird I know) because they are super good and super cheap. We originally had a play date scheduled with Paula's girls, Kyra and Kaitlynn's cousins, but because of the rain we had to push it back a bit. Wouldn't you know though at around 3 pm the sun came out. So the girls and I went to a few rummage sales with my mom and then headed out to my parents to watch the new Alice in Wonderland and enjoy some Papa Murphy's Hawaiian style pizza. We also picked up this desert pizza that was awesome... is it wrong to want it for breakfast? The girls stayed over at mom and dads and I was going to but didn't want to miss my meds... or my pillow. So I tucked them in and headed home- and headed to mom and dad's again in the morning around 730. There was a neighborhood sale going on only a few miles from their house so we packed up the babers and headed out. IT WAS GREAT!!! The really nice thing was that they were almost all big brand new homes whose "junk" was priced super cheaply- which made it even better. Bella was able to come along for the most part and when she got tuckered out we rolled down the window to listen for her. Before we knew it, it was lunch time- no wonder we were getting hungry! Kyra had stayed out by Big Al to keep him company while weeding the flower beds... but in all reality to play dance dance revolution on the Wii. Didn't matter to me- I was having a great time. After a while we met up for lunch (mom and I were too hungry to rummage can you imagine) and then went our separate ways. I took a nap with miss Bella bean and Kyra played in her room. That was until Auntie Karla came over to spend some time with the girls. It was really nice because the girls got to spend some quality time with Karla and Timmy and I went out to the movies to get some "away time." I wasn't sure, but Karla really must have had a good time because she offered to do it again in the future. What a lady! Seeing this time went so well maybe next time we can make it an afternoon or something. All I know is that they had a great time, especially since Karla brought ice cream as a treat :) Luckily for me it was all run off by the time we got home. What a great day!

No comments: