These videos go in and out of focus for some reason... not quite sure what happened.
Wednesday, June 23, 2010
Soccer Star
Kyra is turning into quite the little soccer star. I am SOOOOOO proud of her. I hope I am telling her enough because she has really surprised all of us! We signed her up this year for the first time and she was really really nervous to play. With good reason since she is not the most athletic child and she is already 10 and first starting when who knows how ling the other girls have been playing... but you would never know it. Kyra has definitely grown as a player in the last few weeks here and is holding her ground. I was lucky enough to be off work for two of her games last week and I am totally impressed by her efforts. She gets put into the goal alot- mainly because she is not afraid of the ball as much as the other girls and the fact that she is so very tall for her age. We have to work on her drop kick though- its horrible. For now she has been just throwing the ball after a catch (which is totally legal) because her kicking skills are poor to say the least... but we are working on it. I am glad we were able to get her into a contact sport that she likes. Who knows if she will play next year (I only asked to to try it) the main thing is that she is actually trying. My one complaint is that her coach is an idiot. I know I shouldn't use such strong words but he just doesn't know how to teach these girls to score. They are good about kicking the ball and running- but that's about it. I am hoping that next year if she plays she gets a coach that will teach her about scoring and the more detailed points in soccer. I would have loved to have coached this year but i don't think that would work so well being pregnant. I just have to breathe and be grateful that she doesn't hate the sport. Maybe this is all for the best and it will make her a better player- who knows right?
Bella had fun at the game too! I bnrought the little white playpen for her to play in becuase she tends to run around...alot. Kyra and her teammates kept calling it a cage. Either way it worked really well and I was still able to watch the soccer game. Kaitlynn kept wanting me to fill her teacups with goldfish, which I was obliged to do because it kept her busy... what a goof.

These videos go in and out of focus for some reason... not quite sure what happened.
These videos go in and out of focus for some reason... not quite sure what happened.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment