Saturday, June 19, 2010

Nice Little Saturday

Today was in my top ten favorite-st days ever. We started out by doing a little rummaging. That being myself, Kyra, Mom and Bella bean. We had an awesome time and found some great treasures. It is so funny to watch Kyra because she does not like to go rummaging because of getting in and out of the car and searching for addresses- but she absolutely loves having the new things... what a goofball. I cant say I blame her but Miss Kaitlynn is all about just walking up to the sales and playing with other people things even if we don't buy them. Once in a while though she will be upset and throw a tiny tantrum (I know its ridiculous) but she gets over it relatively quickly. Yesterday we went out in the morning and found a bear skin and a wolf skin (not sure if its legal) for AJ. Now I understand the thrill of the hunt- sorry AJ! We hung them on my parents clothesline to air out a bit.
So after we went out gallivanting, mom headed home and the girls and I got the house and ourselves straightened up. After lunchtime we set out to the park to watch Kalli's last soccer game and to celebrate Kyra's birthday a little early. It went amazingly well. We got to cheer on Kalli and then sit around for cake and ice cream. Sidenote: I am not allowed to order cakes anymore. This is #4 or #5 that has been wrong so I have decided I am off cake duty. We went to Copps this morning to pick it up and they wrote down the wrong date- next Saturday. Kyra balled and balled but we got a free cake out of it.
Anyways... Kyra enjoyed opening her gifts and being able to take little play breaks at the park's playground. Bella was having a good time with Auntie Karla on the slides and also showing AJ and Anna all about the swings. It looked like rain for the last bit there but it held off and actually cleared up. Soooo, the girls and I went home and got our gear to have a campfire- out at my parents. It was super de duper fun. Except the fact that Bella was not afraid of the fire. She kept saying "hot" and waving her hand, but she got mighty close a few times. Towards the end of the night actually she was headed straight for it and thank goodness for my dad being close enough to stop her. The hilarious part was that he had already taken his sleeping pill which makes him really loopy- so he accidentally tripped going after her and tackled her. She just looked at him like "what the hell is going on?" A few tears and many laughs later- all was well. We finished setting off the fireworks I bought for Kyra's birthday present (more for Dad and AJ shhhh) and tried to consume the smores. Not that smores are bad, but I had brought my leftovers from last year to make them and they were borderline inedible, even for Kyra. So we decided just to use the marshmallows as fire starters.
Speaking of fire starters- you all know that the Herrman's are not known for being the best at setting off fireworks- but it is always entertaining. Well Dad gets the bright idea to light a cherry bomb and throw it... into the tree. After much teasing AJ says "let me show you how its done" and takes a cherry bomb and throws it... into a tree. I think I might have wet my pants a little I was laughing so hard. At least nobody got hurt- this year- YET!

No comments: