Monday, June 21, 2010

Happy Birthday Kyra


Today is Kyra's 10th Birthday... can you believe its been 10 years already? Not me- just the other day we were talking about when she was starting to talk and she would call me "My Trina" because she couldn't say "Mommy." She is still my sweet little princess but with alot more information-shesh. Its funny at times because I am pretty sure there are things she knows way more about than I do. Last Wednesday my parents took Kyra down to Milwaukee for a special day just the three of them. My mom was just getting over the flu- again- and my dad was on furlough without pay and recovering from surgery so they took the free time to do something fun. I guess they went to Discovery World (one of Kyra's favorite places) and checked out all the new displays. They went to the Milwaukee Museum after lunch to check out the butterflies and a new IMAX Kyra wanted to see. Good thing mom and dad got yearly passes because it seems that they are down there an awful lot. They were not able to meet up with AJ and Anna though because AJ had to work late. On their way back they stopped in Cedarburg and got some sweet treats... which I know Kyra was not opposed to and then headed back up to Green Bay. I was at work all day so I missed the good times but I know Kyra will always remember her special trips with Grammie and Big Al.
She started off her birthday morning today at 5am- crazy I know- to go fishing with Tim and her uncle Jeremy. I thought she was a little nuts but she really really wanted to go so we said okay. I had to go for a glucose screening so my mom came over and watched Bella Bean while I was gone. We all regrouped a little after noon and decided that we should take the birthday girl out for her favorite meal... Chinese. We drove the two blocks to the China Kitchen and all had a very filling but delicious meal in the heat (air was out). It didn't matter because we were all so hungry I don't think we even noticed- good thing the water was free! After that we went out separate ways and my little family headed back to the house for a much needed siesta... which miss Kyra was non compliant. Which meant that at her 530 soccer game she was a little pistol. Kaitlynn stayed home with Tim because she was running a bit of a fever from teething and I braved the rain (not too much) to watch her play. Andy, Sharon, Jeremy, Karla, Andy Jr. Paula, Cassie and Kalli all came out for a bit to watch her too. It was very nice of them to support her especially on her birthday. After her game (which she lost 4 to 1) we went out to my parents for dinner. There were so many left overs from this weekend that there was enough food for days. Tim and I were especially excited about mom's strawberry pies- delicioso!!! Kyra really wanted to stay over night and since I have to work Tuesday from 6am-7pm I figured why not? We scooped up miss crabby pants and headed home while Kyra stayed for a birthday sleepover and what I am sure is to be excellent adventures the day after.

No comments: