Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Vampires Sparkle

Today Kyra had a soccer game at 5:30. She had been gone the last few days with my parents in Madison where she did some sight seeing of the capitol and a whole lot of swimming. She got back tonight just in time for us to load up the car and head over to the soccer field. Timmy had set out in front of us on his bike (pedal) and met us there at the game. Karla was able to make it too which was very nice. Kaitylnn was pretty stoked to see her and promptly took her over to the park nearby. I now understand the whole mother's perspective of grabbing a few moments of silence when you can. This is not to say that I don't love my baby and don't want to spend every waking moment with her... but once in a while a breather is nice (thanks Karla!).So after the game we stopped by Tim's parents to visit for a bit and then ran to get something to eat. I was too tired to cook tonight and frankly craving a whopper. So we headed off to the nearby Burger King where Kyra discovered "Twilight"- whoops. There was a posted of "Edward, Jacob and Bella" on the door and she was asking about the movie. She had seen the various Burger King commercials with the old ladies fighting and the toys for the kids meals were Twilight themed... It was all over after that. We are in full on "Twilight Fever." Kyra has decided she is on "Team Edward" and thoroughly believes that vampires sparkle in the sunlight. The reason I know this is because Tim purchased the first two movies and she has since watched both and loved them... I mean LOVES them. So I anticipate much of our summer will involve conversations about Vampires and Warewolves, not to mention the accessories- Tshirts and posters. She is already planning out which puff paint to use on her homemade shirt and if she can spell out Team Edward on her fingernails- a bit much for me... but then I remember how much I loved The New Kids on The Block... and it all seems like normal girl stuff- oi vey.

No comments: