Sunday, June 6, 2010

Work work work

So my father has decide that the hillside property that divides my new neighbors and I is actually our property and we should maintain it. Unfortunately this has been an item of debate ever since we moved into the house six years ago. Whatever the case- it is just easier to just let him do what he wants than it is to get it his way. So we did- let him do whatever he wanted- and that was to work. I coaxed Kyra into being his helper which worked out really well because its not that he cant do much of what he used to... it just takes a little longer. It was good for Kyra too because it we a lesson on working outdoors and maintaining a home. This summer is going to be a rude awakening for her I fear because I am not sure if its that she doesn't know how to clean and work outside or if she just doesn't do it all. Regardless she will be starting next week when she come by us for the summer. Which I am totally looking forward to. We have tons planned already so if you want some Kyra time get your dates in now as her summer is filling up quickly. I cant believe she turns ten in just a few short weeks here- its crazy. Anyways... after a nice morning of outdoor work (which I actually do enjoy) (poor Timmy) we had a surprise visitor- My bestest friend in the whole wide world Jackie!!! or as the girls would call her "Rocky." We got to visit for a couple hours before she headed back down to Chicago... I miss her. I am not sure if its just the fetus talking but I cried... the girl scout cookies we bought down at Copps helped make me feel better though. We finished up our project outside in the early afternoon and then headed to Bay Beach for some much needed R&R : fun. Kyra had a blast because the lines were short due to poor weather and I wish you could have heard Bella as we pulled in. She screamed because she was so excited. I had forgotten that my parents brought her there a few weeks ago but my goodness- a scream! No matter what... it was yet another great day. If my summer keeps going this way I wont know what to do :)

No comments: