Sunday, September 5, 2010

Labor Day Weekend

I was hoping to have a little precious baby to tell you all about today but after seeing my doctor this past week I was informed that we may be sportin this belly for a few more weeks- BOO! As I am sure you can tell I am very ready to pop this "puppy" out. I spent the majority of Friday recuperating from working a night shift on Thursday night. I am just not built for these long nights anymore- 12 hours is a long time- not to mention that my bladder just cant keep up with the pace. I had been called to a code Pink (emergency Csection) right when I got into work so that didn't start my night off well. Although I must say that it did take care of a good hours worth. Unfortunately it was a set of twins and the 2nd one didn't make it- which being pregnant was a little hard to watch. One of the girls actually asked why I was in the room. She said "We don't usually let the pregnant ones watch this." The only problem is that I HAD to be there- so I held her hand and prayed that everything happens for a reason. Anyways- on to happier news. Saturday was spent doing a little rummaging in the morning with my momma and then she and I headed up to Algoma (my favorite place as of late) to do a little window shopping and catch a bite at my favorite little bistro Cafe Tlazo. I had an awesome bowl of soup as per usual and my craving was fixed. While we were that close we decided to go to the Flying Pig for a little creative inspiration before heading back to Green Bay. We met up with Tim's parents at Rosatis for supper and some good conversation before miss Bella Bean and I took a bath and hit the hay. Kaitlynn has done pretty well sleeping in her big girl bed but she has a little bit of a hard time falling asleep in it. So her favorite thing to so is grab her little pink blanket and crawl into bed with mommy. I know I am probably starting a behavior that I am going to regret in the future- buts its so darn adorable I cant help it! Sunday Kaitlynn, myself and my parents went over to Shawano to see the county fair. (This one reminded me of Timmy and I)

It was just the right temperature to walk around in and just the right size so as not to be too big for us to handle. Don't get me wrong, I do love start fair- its just gotten soooo big that its hard to take everything in, especially for Bella. She did have fun walking around with BaBa(my dad) and seeing all the animals. She even practiced her animal noises. She has the cow down perfectly but the others are a little harder for her. WE stopped midday for an ice cream break and then checked out the horse barn- which my mom liked alot. She had a horse named Charlie as a kid (get it- Charlie horse) but she doesn't really talk about it all that much. You could tell today though that she remembers that time fondly. All I remember about being a kid is being bucked off the back of a pony named Amber onto the dirt trail behind my grandparents farm- I guess that explains alot doesn't it? Today the four of us headed to Bay Beach for some last minute rides. The park will be closing soon for the season So we have to get in as many rides as possible before it gets too cold. Kaitlynn absolutely adores Bay Beach and I think dad and I are right there behind her. We got to ride the train as a group and then Bella rode the caterpillars and the boats- that is until the rain came and washed us all out. I was in no mood to hang out to see if it would stop raining so we packed it up and headed home. Kaitlynn fell asleep in the car so we dropped her off to nap and then headed to Home Depot for a new leaf blower (too long of a story). Got that errand run a few others and then went out to lunch. I had an awesome Kiddy Cocktail and a so-so sandwich but then an incredible nap. It was a great holiday weekend and I am very glad I got to spend that much time with my family. If you are wondering where my other half was- he fished on Saturday, car show on Sunday and lazy day Monday... we both had a great weekend!

No comments: