Friday, September 3, 2010

Last Official Day of Summer Fun

This past Sunday was our last free day together as a family. We decided to get some chores done around the house (Tim and Kyra's favorite) and then go play- at Chuck Cheeses (not my favorite). So we waited for Kaitlynn to wake up from her nap and then loaded into the car to make our way to the West side of town (all of a 15 min drive, but a drive nonetheless). As we pulled into the driveway all you can hear is Kaitlynn saying "Ya ya ya." Which was actually pretty funny because I didn't even know she had been here before let alone recognize it. But I guess it could have been the giant mouse on the billboard- who knows? Tim and Kyra immediately got their tokens organized and dashed off to play games. Kaitlynn and I headed to the Toddler area where she could bounce and climb all over the place. She had fun tumbling with the other kids and it made me realize that she really doesn't spend that much time with other little ones her own age. I think I might have to sign her up for a gym class at the YMCA because this little girl can run! I actually had a hard time keeping up with her- maybe mom needs a gym class too :) After the children (big and small) had their fill of playing games we walked next door to my favorite part of the afternoon- Red Lobster. Kyra got to eat her favorite crab legs and I got my special treat of lobster, shrimp and crab legs. I would typically save this type of celebration meal for something big like graduation, but I figure we are celebrating baby Bronander #2 just a little early! One of the funniest things I have ever seen Bella do happened today too while we were out to eat. The first thing she did that was gross but awesome was to eat ketchup like it is soup. Now I know you are say- well whats the big deal? The funny part is that she used a lemon as her spoon- GROSS! She dipped her lemon wedge into the ketchup and then proceeded to like it off- until she ran out of ketchup... I think this may be a sign of things to come. The second thing she did (Paula you will like this) is she full on licked the tank where the lobsters are kept. It was so disgusting and we were so shocked that we didn't even get it right away. If this little girl doesn't wake up with a purple polka dot tongue and a fever I will be very surprised ;)

No comments: