(But now I am ready to sleep)
Saturday, September 18, 2010
She's Finally Here!!!
Olivia deiced with a little prompting to make her much awaited appearance today. The drama started last night at 10:30 when the OB department at Bellin called and asked us to come in this morning at 11 instead of 7 because they were getting pretty full. At first I thought Tim was joking and then my laughing turned to tears when I realized that not only was I going to have to wit longer to see my princess but there was a chance I may not get induced at all if there were enough natural births- NOT FAIR! So I went to bed pretty crabby and honesty nervous but finally fell asleep. We had brought Kaitlynn to Tim's parents assuming that we were going to be induced so our little alarm clock was out of service this morning. It was actually kinda nice because we slept in a bit, got my bag packed and went out for breakfast at McDonalds (I crave those steak bagels- gross I know but totally delicious). so at breakfast Tim says to me "You wanna catch some rummage sales?" I know he was just trying to keep my mind off the baby but I was so stoked it was ridiculous- now there is the man that I married! We hit some sales- one all the way out in Pilson, Wi before we headed into town to meet our new baby. We made it just on time and got settled in the observation room for a bit while our birthing room got cleaned up from the mother before me. Once we got into that room though it was game on: they strapped me up to the monitor to hear the heartbeat, I got my IV and they started the antibiotic for my strep and I was on my way with the pitocin. It took a few hours and some significant burning in my arm but after a bit my contractions were well under way- I think I forgot about this part because It HURTS LIKE HELL!!! I probably only went through an hour or so of full on contractions but it felt like and eternity. I give those brave natural birth mothers credit because I think they are nuts. My epidural came shortly after mid afternoon along with some serious relief. But some future back pain I am sure because he had to crunch through some bones to find the sweet spot. I guess I will deal with that later. My parent stopped in about 6 pm to say hi before they got a bite to eat. I told them to take their time because i wasn't going anywhere fast at all. I layed on my side for about 45 mins and progressed from 4 cms to 10cms. (Yes Paula you were right). I felt a coldness on my leg- or so i thought seeing I was numb from the waist down and asked Tim to look under the covers. GROSS he says. It turns out that my bag of water was sitting on the bed, just sitting there. The nurse came in to see it and popped it, but turned around again to call the doctor because I had been having a consistent contraction for over 30 mins. Turns out my body was pushing her out without me knowing it! The doctor came and said lets take a look and Timmy goes "I think that's the head" He was so disgusted by the whole thing that the doctor started laughing at him and I laughed and then the baby came right out- I literally laughed Olivia out- It was great. No tearing at all- which also means no panty taco construction (some of you know what I mean). I felt so much better!!! We had a few sweet moments together before family came in to see us. She was born at 730 pm and was 8lbs 1oz and 20 inches long. A little bit bigger than her sisters but exactly the same size as her cousin Dominic- weird huh? Olivia RoseMarie Bronander... that's what we named her... and is she a joy!
(But now I am ready to sleep)


(But now I am ready to sleep)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment