Wednesday, September 1, 2010

First Day of School

All I could think about today from the time I got up was the cute little clown fish from the Disney movie "Finding Nemo," where he is jumping on his dad's back saying "first day of school first day of school." That is how Kyra is... well in spirit. On Monday Tim took her to the orientation at her school where she gets to drop off all her school supplies and set up her locker. This is the time that she gets to meet her new teacher (not the one she was dreading thank goodness) and see the other kids in her class (no Kyra- spoken kira- her nemesis) and she was super super excited about this group of kids. So needless to say we are over the whole "not being the smartest/ best at everything" and growing up a bit. She told me on the phone when I called from work that it was like the day before the day before Christmas... how cute it that? This morning however she was not quite as chipper- still excited just very sleepy. Kyra used to be up bright and early but this summer has been sleeping until mid morning (930 or so). So needless to say I glad to get her up this morning which she did not enjoy but it was okay because it was the first day of school and she was still excited. I asked her what she wanted for her special 1st day breakfast and was expecting french toast or pancakes, eggs in a hole perhaps... nope- McDonald's. Are we sure this child isn't mine? I was positively thrilled to take her through the drive thru especially since I cant stop eating those steak bagels- which I know are gross but I LOVE them! Tim and Bella Vista came along to see her off on this her first big day, and Kyra goes "its like a holiday with the whole family"- I could have cried it was so sweet!

No comments: