Sunday, November 21, 2010

Bella's B-day Party

Today was Bella’s second birthday party here at the house. It was not her technical day of birth (Nov 25th) but because we will be spending the holiday over in Sparta Wi with my dad’s family, we wanted to celebrate with Tim’s family in Green Bay first. I decided to make the cake seeing I have such bad luck with ordering them (they are always screwed up). I made a funfetti with vanilla frosting and a chocolate with strawberry frosting (my favorite). Kaitlynn had such fun blowing out the candles and when we sang to her she was just so happy. The gifts were great too- especially the unwrapping. She is definitely getting the whole idea of presents- Christmas should be a blast. My little princess had such a good time running around and eating sugar that a few hours into it- she exploded- literally. Sharon was giving her a goodbye hug and she threw up all over her. My mother in law handled it like a pro (especially since she was covered in puke) so I couldn't tease her too much. That is also because about an hour after I got my turn on the “vomit express.” Thank goodness that Tim’s aunt Karla hadn’t left yet because it was a literal puke fest- YUCK! So we gave her a little Tylenol and laid her down for a bit in hopes that maybe she had just overdone it and we were not dealing with the flu- and we weren’t. She woke up full of smiles like usual and we spent the rest of the night playing with her new toys. I have to agree with what Paula and Andy (sr.) said “I guess it’s not a party until somebody throws up.” While I had heard this before- I never really thought it would be at my house ;) Cake anyone?

No comments: