Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Tree Down


So about two weeks ago we had the apple tree in the front yard cut down. Not only was it growing up into the power lines- but it was driving Timmy nuts when he mowed the lawn- so it was truly a two-fer (as my mother would say). I cannot tell you just how fast they brought that thing down. I swear it was in less than 15 minutes from start to finish. Kaitlynn and I watched out the front windows while the group of probably 10 guys ripped this thing down. I was a little nervous because Tim and I had already gotten all the Halloween decoration put out in that yard and I didn’t want them to get in the guys way- but they didn’t. Actually the guys got a kick out of all the grave stones and staked heads- they walked all the way around to see them. One guy actually sat down and had a quick sandwich next to a zombie mask- it was awesome! Timmy should be happy now not to slip on the tiny little apples next summer. Although I will definitely miss the pretty blossoms in the spring- oh well, we can’t win them all.

No comments: