Friday, November 5, 2010

First Sleepover

Today was Kyra's first sleep over- well with us that is. I guess over the summer she had convinced my very generous father into having this fiesta at his house. Which is better than at ours because frankly our house is itty bitty for four 10 year old girls. Mom had made it very clear that she would have no major roll in the ordeal so that left dad... and me. So I picked the girls up after school and met Tim and my little girls out at my parents house. Mom volunteered to watch Olivia while I took the party girls to of all places- Chucky Cheese! (I know its crazy talk- but it wasn't too bad). Tim kept Kaitlynn for the night so that she wouldn't be too upset by being left out of the festivities. Around 5 or so Dad showed up for pizza (and to pick up the bill) and he and I had a nice conversation while Kyra and her friends ran around playing games. I am not sure how many tokens we went through but it must have been alot because the girls were thoroughly content when it was time to head out. Dad had left a little ahead of us to stop at Copps and pick up food for their breakfst in thte morning. Not to mention the fact that it was super loud in there and his poor hearing was even worse than usual. So we got back to mom and dads and the girls had fun playing the Wii and trying on all of Kyra's dress up clothes (thank you mom!). Kyra told me that they were up until 3am but I have a feeling that was a bit of an exaggeration. At any rate though, I heard them at 1am and said it was time for bed- then I hit the couch with Olivia in the living room (she was in the bassinet so don't worry). At 6 little "Via" as Kaitlynn calls her, woke up for her breakfast. Luckily for me my mom was wide awake already so i got to snooze for a bit longer. Kyra and her friends were up at 9 and just plain old tired- it was late night for sure. They ate their breakfast that "Big Al" had made (too much to eat but awesomely good) and then I encouraged them to start cleaning up. I snuck downstairs a few moments later to find all four girls playing "Just dance" all in a row- it was adorable. Parents started showing up a little after 10 and we were all wrapped up by lunch time (thank God). I have to say that it went better than I expected but I think we are done for a while. I forgot just how much work these things can be and I am so happy it was here at my parents rather than my house-I hope Kyra knows just how lucky she is- sheesh what a day!

No comments: